Setting Up a Gmail Account
(Here is a video tutorial of this process)
1. Head to www.gmail.com and click create account, then select “For myself.”
2. Enter all of the personal information requested and click “Next.”
3. You may be asked to verify your identity using a phone number. If so, please enter an accurate number, click “next,” then wait for the code to come via text message. Enter the code accurately to move forward.
4. Enter the additional personal information requested and click “Next.” You have the option to enter a phone number and a secondary email. This is recommended for establishing account security, but not required.
- Read and agree to the “Privacy and Terms” on the next page.
- That’s it! You will be prompted to select a view setting, but, otherwise, your account is active and ready to use. Make sure to save your account information in a secure location for reference.