This area allows you to view your student’s tardies and absences. In addition, you may have the option to enter an absence request to the school using the link “Absence Requests” at the top of the Attendance screen.
On the left side of the screen, absences and tardies for the current date display, as well as for prior dates. Absences will either be displayed by periods missed or classes missed depending on your student’s school. The example below illustrates Attendance by Class and all days in which the student had attendance are listed chronologically along with course information. Note: You may click on the course to view additional information regarding the class, such as the meeting time.
The example below illustrates Attendance by Period, and all days in which the student had attendance are listed chronologically by period. If your student is absent or tardy in one class, the class displays in the Class column. When there are multiple absences in several classes, a View Class link will display, which lists all of the classes.
The right side of the Attendance screen displays your student’s attendance data in a graph format for the year to date. The view may be changed by clicking the Period or Day radio buttons.
- Period – Provides a count of the number of periods missed, broken down by Absence Type.
- Day – Provides a count of days missed, broken down by Absence Type.
Entering Absence Request
This link allows you to notify your student’s school when your student will be absent.
- Click "Attendance" on the left side.
- Click "Absence Requests" near the center top of your screen.
- Click "Add Request."
- Enter the Start Date and Time and the End Date and Time, or choose "All Day."
- Click the drop-down list to select a reason for why your student will be absent.
- If desired, enter a Comment.
- Click "Save." Please note that the status is pending and awaiting approval from the attendance office. You also have the capability to edit the record, as well as to delete the request.